A five-member Board of Education, elected by residents of the Watervliet City School District, is responsible for policies and regulations governing public education in the district. Each member serves a three-year term without pay. The superintendent of schools is the chief executive officer of the board. Board meetings are open to the public, and, unless otherwise noted, are held at 6:00 p.m. on the second or third Thursday of each month in the Watervliet Jr.-Sr. High School Administrative Conference Room.
Find agendas and minutes at right.
2016-17 Board Members
Mark Scully, President
Sheri Senecal, Vice President
2016 – 2017 Meeting Schedule
• July 5 (Organizational Meeting)*
• August 8**
• September 8
• October 13
• November 10
• December 8
• January 12
• February 9
• March 9
• April 12 (regular meeting)***
• April 25 (special meeting to vote on BOCES budget vote)*
• May 9 (Public Budget Hearing/Regular Board of Education Meeting)*
• June 8
* denotes meetings will be held on Tuesday nights
** denotes meeting will be held on Monday night, 7 p.m.
*** denotes meeting will be held on Wednesday night, 6 p.m.