Notice of Anticipated Position Opening
Position: Family Outreach Coordinator (Management Confidential Position)
Term: 10-Month position with additional days required over the summer
Location: Watervliet Junior/Senior High School
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $30,000 per year (contingent upon continued grant funding)
- Good knowledge of counseling and violence prevention techniques.
- Ability to communicate school rules/policies with parents, students and staff.
- Ability to develop relationships and partnerships with and between students, families and school.
- Knowledge of local services available for high needs families (i.e. food pantry, health services, housing, etc.).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited college or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with a Bachelor’s degree in social science, human services or a related field and three (3) years of full-time paid experience in dealing with school-age students which includes, but is not limited to, youth counselor, team coach, school monitor, teacher aide or other responsible positions; OR
- Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma, two (2) years of college from a regionally accredited college or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees and five (5) years of paid full-time experience in dealing with school-age children which includes, but is not limited to, youth counselor, team coach, school monitor, teacher aide and other responsible positions.
Interested candidates should apply to:
- Donald Stevens
Director of Curriculum, Instruction & PD
Watervliet City School District
1245 Hillside Drive
Watervliet, NY 12189
Date Posted: 1-15-19
Closing Date: Until Filled