Hours: 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Watervliet High School
Start Date: January 27, 2019
Salary: $15.00 per hour (40 hours per week) plus health benefits
Work involves cleaning and maintenance of a school building. Examples of work (illustrative only):
- Sweeps, mops and waxes floors, washes walls, windows, boards and lockers, dusts and performs other cleaning duties;
- Cleans and mops lavatories and locker rooms;
- Replaces light bulbs, towels, soap and other supplies;
- Unloads delivery trucks, empties waste baskets and disposes of rubbish;
- Polishes and refinishes furniture, turns off lights and locks doors;
- Moves classroom furniture, including desks, filing cabinets, etc.,
- Performs a variety of errands and related custodial tasks;
- Shovels and salts during inclement weather;
- Weed whacking, mowing, shoveling, raking and other property maintenance;
- Stripping and waxing floors, shampooing rugs/carpets, unloading delivery trucks;
- Answering all calls and additional tasks that arise in addition to completing daily routine.
- Good knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies and equipment, and the ability to use them economically and efficiently; ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directives; thoroughness; dependability; good moral character; good physical condition.
- A valid NYS Drivers’ License preferred.
- Must have obtained or are currently pursuing a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a resident of the City of Watervliet.
- Appointment is subject to fingerprint clearance.
Interested candidates should apply to:
Mr. Keith Heid, Business Manager
Watervliet City School District
1245 Hillside Drive
Watervliet, New York 12189
Date Posted: December 17, 2019
Closing Date: Until Filled