Developing the annual school budget proposal is a year-round process that involves the Watervliet Board of Education, as well as district and school leaders.
On the third Tuesday of each May, that process culminates when residents go to the polls to vote on a school budget proposal for the following year and to elect Board of Education members.
2020-21 School Budget at a Glance
- Budget total: $28,560,000
- Spending Increase: 1.30 percent
- Tax Levy Increase: 1.98 percent
2019-20 School Budget at a Glance
- Budget total: $28,187,000
- Spending Increase: 2.83 percent
- Tax Levy Increase: 2.4 percent
2018-19 School Budget at a Glance
- Budget total: $27,411,000
- Spending Increase: 2.69 percent
- Tax Levy Increase: 2.03 percent
Looking for information on absentee ballots, polling locations and voter registration? Visit our voter information page.
2017-18 Budget Summary
Total Spending Increase: 2.0%
Tax Levy Increase: 0.7%
Fundamentals of developing the school budget
Learn the ABCs of school budget development in less than 3 minutes by watching the video clip below:
Comparing property taxes
Interested in seeing how Watervliet school and other taxes compare to surrounding districts and municipalities? The SeeThroughNY website has a benchmarking tool that allows visitors to calculate and compare property taxes by location. Go to SeeThroughNY website benchmarking tool