Location: Watervliet Jr. – Sr. High School
Start Date: February 14, 2024
Salary: $75,900-$81,600 – As per WAA contract
The assistant principal is expected to utilize and incorporate research-based strategies and methodologies that will lead to improvements in teaching, learning, equity and engagement. This position, which reports to the building principal, will supervise and evaluate staff and programs at the secondary level. The assistant principal will work with the administrative team to support staff in implementing learning standards, behavioral expectations, instructional practices, and assessments, while maintaining a safe and orderly learning environment. The assistant principal fosters positive relationships between home, school and the community.
- New York State SAS, SBL, SDA, or SDL administrative certification is required.
- NYS valid Lead Evaluator certification required.
- Strong knowledge of the Next Generation Learning Standards.
- Ability to work with students/staff in diverse social/cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to demonstrate job expectations.
- Experience working with secondary level students
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Appointment subject to fingerprint clearance.
Interested candidates should apply to:
Dr. Donald Stevens
Superintendent of Schools
Watervliet City School District
1245 Hillside Drive
Watervliet, New York 12189
Or online at:
Date Posted: January 22, 2024
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Watervliet City School District is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion or creed, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal non-discrimination laws.