Location: Watervliet City School District
Start Date: September 1, 2022
Salary: Per WAA Contract
- Plan, direct, supervise and oversee the special education and section 504 program.
- Coordinate and administer special education programs within the district, with BOCES and outside private placements; including summer extended school year.
- Assure the development and use of processes for evaluating and supporting students with disabilities in appropriate instructional settings and programs, with relevant related services.
- Assist with recruiting, selecting, training, assigning, and evaluating teachers, teacher assistants, and related service providers.
- Oversee all initial referrals and recommendations for IEP services.
- Supervise and monitor the STAC process and Medicaid reimbursement.
- Serve as an advisor to building principals and offer assistance as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of and implement services in accordance with IDEA requirements.
- NYS Certification as School District Leader or School District Administrator;
- At least 5 years of teaching experience; special education experience preferred;
- Comprehensive curriculum, instruction, assessment and professional development experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken language;
- Ability to implement policies and procedures in the area of special education;
- Strong supervisory skills.
Interested candidates should apply to:
Dr. Donald Stevens, Jr.
Superintendent of Schools
1245 Hillside Drive
Watervliet, NY 12189
Date Posted: July 29, 2022
Closing Date: August 12, 2022