Location: Watervliet Elementary School
Start Date: September 2023
- Plan culturally responsive lessons/units to a rigorous curriculum aligned with the ELA/literacy Next Generation Standards.
- Implement a variety of teaching strategies to facilitate learning amongst diverse learners.
- Ability to administer the NYSITELL and NYSESLAT assessments.
- Embrace student strengths and identity to create a learning environment that is highly engaging and relevant to students
- Must possess current NYS TESOL Teaching Certification
- Knowledge and experience in teaching small groups and individual English Language Learners (ELL) students
- Ability to work with students/staff in varied social/cultural backgrounds.
- Experience working with elementary-aged students.
- Ability to demonstrate job expectations.
- Appointment subject to fingerprint clearance.
Interested candidates should apply to:
Ryan Groat, Principal
Watervliet Elementary School
2557 10th Ave
Watervliet, New York 12189
Or on OLAS
The Watervliet City School District is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion or creed, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal non-discrimination laws.