Location: Watervliet City School District
Start Date: ASAP – June 2023
Salary: $35.71/hour (2 hours per week after the school day) (Grant funded)
Position assesses students (and family’s) needs; works to develop intervention strategies; provides case management; counsels student on personal, academic and/or post high school plans; and makes referrals to outside agencies as needed.
- Experience working with students who are experiencing homelessness preferred.
- Ability to work with students/staff in varied social/cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to connect resources to students and families.
- Ability to counsel students on personal, academic and post high school needs.
- Ability to demonstrate job expectations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Appointment subject to fingerprint clearance.
- Certified as a School Counselor or School Social Worker.
Interested candidates should apply to:
Ms. Kirsten DeMento
Watervliet City School District
Watervliet, New York 12189
Date Posted: January 20, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Watervliet City School District is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion or creed, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal non-discrimination laws.