Location: Watervliet City School District
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Per Contract, starting $49,371 – $63,615
- This position will oversee the Family Opportunity Grant, providing outreach for parents, connecting with community agency partners to assist with different projects.
- The FOC Coordinator will deliver direct services to students and families; make referrals to appropriate project partners and community services and agencies; and follow up with families on all recommended services.
- The FOC will use the evidence-based Family Check-Up curriculum and its accompanying program, Everyday Parenting.
- In addition to using the Parent Check-Up curriculum, the FOC will incorporate other parent and family activities, including but not limited to: parent literacy workshops to help parents engage with their children and to promote school readiness; nutrition and/or cooking workshops; and informational sessions to increase awareness of community supports and how to access those supports.
- Flexible Hours.
- Certification as a School Counselor, Licensed Master Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Ability to motivate and communicate with families and students.
- Capacity to work with community agencies.
- Ability to work with students/staff in varied social/cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to demonstrate job expectations.
- Appointment subject to fingerprint clearance.
Interested candidates should apply to:
Or apply to:
Kelly Webster, Assistant Superintendent
Watervliet City School District
1245 Hillside Drive
Watervliet, NY 12189
Date Posted: January 24, 2023; Reposted February 27, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Watervliet City School District is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion or creed, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal non-discrimination laws.