Location: Watervliet Jr. – Sr. High School
Start Date: September 5th, 2023
Salary: $50,350 – $63,615
1. Provide instruction for core subjects- ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies in a 15:1:1 special class.
2. Ensure a safe and supportive learning environment throughout the school day.
3. Design and implement students’ individualized education plans as well as track progress towards achieving IEP goals.
4. Support student’s individual academic, behavioral, and social-emotional well-being.
5. Work collaboratively with school leaders, teachers, related service providers, support staff, students and families to ensure students achieve success.
- Current NYS certification in special education required
- Ability to work with students/staff in varied social/cultural backgrounds.
- Experience working with students with disabilities
- Ability to demonstrate job expectations
- Appointment subject to fingerprint clearance.
Interested candidates should apply to:
Or apply to:
Director of Special Education and Student Support Services
Watervliet City School District
1245 Hillside Drive
Watervliet, New York 12189
Date Posted: March 28, 2023
Closing Date: April 28, 2023
The Watervliet City School District is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion or creed, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal non-discrimination laws.