Health services site at Watervliet Jr./Sr. High School available to all students
The goal of Whitney Young Health’s School-Based Health Center (SBHC) program is to promote children’s overall health so that they are able to fully benefit from their education.
The school-based health center provides primary and preventative medical services to Watervliet students (UPK-12) who are enrolled in the program. The SBHC is located in the nurse’s office on the first floor of the Watervliet Jr./Sr. High School.
To learn more about the School Based Health Center program, visit the Whitney Young Health website.
To enroll your child for these services, please complete a questionnaire and parental consent/enrollment packet. Download the required forms
SBHC HOURS OF OPERATION (as of 1/14/19)
- Monday, 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 8:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, 8:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Medical assistant coverage every school day 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Provider availability listed above. When the SBHC is not open, 24-hour coverage available. Please call 518-465-4771.
MEET THE STAFF
Melissa S. Feltman, CPNP-PC
- Role in the SBHC: Pediatric provider
- Professional background/areas of expertise: NICU, primary pediatrics, WOW
- Hobbies/sports/areas of interest: I have a small farm, like to read & run, and spend time with my kids
- Why you are looking forward to working at Watervliet’s SBHC this year: I enjoy teenagers and look forward to being part of the community (no lice please)
Brooke Raveendranath, CPNP
- Role in the SBHC: Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Professional background/areas of expertise: I completed my undergraduate degree in nursing from Binghamton University and then went on to work on a Pediatric Physical Rehabilitation Unit at NYC Medical Center while pursuing my master’s degree in nursing at Hunter College. I began my NP career in a rural school based health center moving on to private practice and now returning to my passion which is community health. I have been promoting and caring for the health of children for 18 years. Maintaining children’s health and specifically adolescent health is my area of expertise.
- Hobbies/sports/areas of interest: I enjoy spending time with my family doing activities such as riding bikes, swimming, and exploring new places. I enjoy reading, running, and yoga in my spare time and volunteering at my children’s school.
- Why you are looking forward to working at Watervliet’s SBHC this year: I am looking forward to working at Watervliet SBHC to be able to provide quality health care while ensuring educational success in children. I am excited to get to know the children and their families as well as the teachers and staff members in the district. I feel the most at home in a school setting having grown up with a mother as an educator and volunteering in schools since a teenager. This will be an exciting year ahead!
Stephanie Middleton, Medical Assistant
- Role in the SBHC: My role in SBHC is to assist my provider and help the students letting them know that we are here and available for them, educating them on how to advocate for themselves.
- Professional background/areas of expertise: My background in this field is that I’m very experienced in working with all sort of kids from preschoolers kids that have behavioral problems. I also was a Med Clerk at a previous job so with that title I was able to further my career in my field.
- Hobbies/sports/areas of interest:I was a cheerleader for just about 10 years, was a coach for Pop Warner for 2 of those years and I just loved it. CHEER IS LIFE! I love to lounge around the house on off day, Little Netflix and Chill. I’m a big shopper so if I’m not in the mall best believe I’m online shopping my little heart away.
- Why you are looking forward to working at Watervliet’s SBHC this year: I’m looking forward to be working at Watervliet because it a small but big community and so far being here it has been amazing; the faculty here is amazing and helpful. They are very welcoming and make it easier to come in to work. So I’m just excited to part of a community that is so nice and want to continue growing with them.