Watervliet City School District & Kids Express
3-year-old Prekindergarten program (EPK)
2557 10th Avenue, Watervliet, NY 12189
Call 518-629-3263, or fax 518-629-3250
Early Pre-K (EPK) 3-year-old Program Application Information
You will need to provide all documentation to register for the lottery for the 3-year-old Early Pre-K program.
Registration forms may be downloaded from the district website, or registration packets are available for pick up between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Watervliet Elementary School. Please go to the main door to request a packet.
EPK registration will be on March 8-9 at the Watervliet Elementary School. Please call 518-629-3263 or email Danielle Mele to make an appointment to bring in your completed application and supporting materials to the elementary school. Registration packets are due no later than April 9, 2023 to be considered for the lottery.
Call the office at 518-629-3263, if you need assistance.
Please make sure you return the following items with your registration packet:
- Completed Application (First Day Registration)
- Proof of Residency: Acceptable proof of residence: Mortgage or property tax statement, Residential Unit Client Certificate (RUCC), Copy of lease, or notarized statement from landlord
- Child’s Birth Certificate: (Child/ren must be age 3 by December 1, 2023 to attend the 3-year-old Pre-K program)
- Child’s Immunization Record and a current physical
- Custody Paperwork: If applicable, please attach a complete certified copy of the court decision bearing its case number, official stamp and signature. It is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to inform Kids Express/Watervliet PK of any subsequent modifications during the child’s enrollment.
Placements are limited and will be assigned through a lottery system if oversubscribed. Applications not initially selected will be placed on a waiting list and called when a space becomes available.
If your application is selected you will receive an acceptance letter/call by JUNE 1, 2023.
The program is located at the former Maplewood School. We anticipate the program hours will be from 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. We will follow the Watervliet City School District calendar. Snow days will follow the Maplewood Kids Express school closings.
Before-and-after care may be available for a fee, and is provided by Kids Express.
Transportation is not provided.
Before your child can begin attending school in September, they will need:
- A complete annual physical exam and recorded lead levels.
- An emergency treatment form
- Day care registration card (Blue card with photo)
- Permission for exchange of information
- Permission to apply sunscreen
- Heath care plan (if needed)
- Release from school
- Medication consent (if necessary)
Children cannot start attending the program until ALL PAPERWORK is completed.
Forms will be provided with acceptance letter.
Note: This program is grant funded and will operate contingent on state funding.