The Watervliet City School District will offer a full-day prekindergarten program for 3-year-old children (children who are three years old on or before December 1, 2018) beginning January 30, 2019. The new program is open to district residents.
The free educational Pre-K program will run from 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., and will follow the school district calendar. Breakfast and lunch will be provided to students. The program will be located at Kids Express/Achievements in the former Maplewood School.
You must make an appointment to register for the 3-year-old Pre-K program. Please call Danielle Mele at 518-629-3263 to schedule your registration time. Registration will be held January 9, 10 and 11 from 7:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m. at the Watervliet Elementary School.
Please bring the following items to your registration appointment (your application cannot be processed without ALL of the following):
- Completed application (can be completed at appointment)
- Proof of residency – Acceptable proof of residence: Mortgage or property tax statement, Residential Unit Client Certificate (RUCC), copy of lease, or notarized statement from landlord
- Child’s birth certificate (Child/ren must be age 3 by December 1, 2018 to attend the Pre-K 3 year old program)
- Child’s immunization record
- Proof of income: W-2 prior year, 4 weeks of employment pay stubs, unemployment receipts, child support payments and/or SSI documentation
- Custody paperwork – If applicable, please attach a complete certified copy of the court decision bearing its case number, official stamp and signature. It is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to inform Kids Express/Watervliet PK of any subsequent modifications during the child’s enrollment.
Pre-K 3-year-old program starts Wednesday, January 30, 2019 and ends June 26, 2019. Placements are limited and will be assigned through a lottery system if oversubscribed. Applications not initially selected will be placed on a waiting list and called when a space becomes available.
If your application is selected you will receive an acceptance letter/call by January 15, 2019.
Reminder: The program is located at Kids Express in the former Maplewood School. The hours are from 8:30am – 1:30pm and will follow the Watervliet City School District calendar. Snow days will follow the North Colonie School District school closings.
Before-and-after Care is available for a fee and is provided by Kids Express.
Transportation is not provided.
Before your child can begin attending school in January, s/he will need:
- A complete annual physical exam and recorded lead levels.
• An Emergency Treatment Form
• Day Care Registration Card (Blue card with photo)
• Permission for exchange of information
• Permission to apply sunscreen
• Heath Care Plan (if needed)
• Release from school
• Medication consent (if necessary)
Children cannot start attending the program until ALL paperwork is completed. Forms will be provided with acceptance letter.
Download a printable copy Pre-K 3-year old flyer
Download a printable copy Pre-K 3-year old application form
For more information or if you have questions, call 518-629-3263.