The Watervliet City School District will offer a full-day prekindergarten program for 3-year-old children (children who are three years old on or before December 1, 2018) beginning January 30, 2019. The new program is open to district residents.
The free educational Pre-K program will run from 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., and will follow the school district calendar. Breakfast and lunch will be provided to students. The program will be located at Kids Express/Achievements in the former Maplewood School.
You must make an appointment to register for the 3-year-old Pre-K program. Please call Danielle Mele at 518-629-3263 to schedule your registration time. Registration will be held January 9, 10 and 11 from 7:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m. at the Watervliet Elementary School.
Please bring the following items to your registration appointment (your application cannot be processed without ALL of the following):
- Completed application (can be completed at appointment)
- Proof of residency – Acceptable proof of residence: Mortgage or property tax statement, Residential Unit Client Certificate (RUCC), copy of lease, or notarized statement from landlord
- Child’s birth certificate (Child/ren must be age 3 by December 1, 2018 to attend the Pre-K 3 year old program)
- Child’s immunization record
- Proof of income: W-2 prior year, 4 weeks of employment pay stubs, unemployment receipts, child support payments and/or SSI documentation
- Custody paperwork – If applicable, please attach a complete certified copy of the court decision bearing its case number, official stamp and signature. It is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to inform Kids Express/Watervliet PK of any subsequent modifications during the child’s enrollment.
Pre-K 3-year-old program starts Wednesday, January 30, 2019 and ends June 26, 2019. Placements are limited and will be assigned through a lottery system if oversubscribed. Applications not initially selected will be placed on a waiting list and called when a space becomes available.
If your application is selected you will receive an acceptance letter/call by January 15, 2019.
Reminder: The program is located at Kids Express in the former Maplewood School. The hours are from 8:30am – 1:30pm and will follow the Watervliet City School District calendar. Snow days will follow the North Colonie School District school closings.
Before-and-after Care is available for a fee and is provided by Kids Express.
Transportation is not provided.
Before your child can begin attending school in January, s/he will need:
- A complete annual physical exam and recorded lead levels.
• An Emergency Treatment Form
• Day Care Registration Card (Blue card with photo)
• Permission for exchange of information
• Permission to apply sunscreen
• Heath Care Plan (if needed)
• Release from school
• Medication consent (if necessary)
Children cannot start attending the program until ALL paperwork is completed. Forms will be provided with acceptance letter.
For more information or if you have questions, call 518-629-3263.