We thank all parents and guardians who took time to the complete the Teaching and Learning Waiver earlier this month. Your participation has helped us prepare for our return to school in September.
Approximately 40% of respondents selected a fully remote learning model through the first five weeks of school. If you did not complete the waiver or have questions about either learning model – in-person or remote – please contact your building principal.
The first day of in-person learning for most grade levels is set for Wednesday, September 9 (please note the schedule below for the first week of school):
- Tuesday, Sept. 8 — Chromebook pick-up for ALL remote learners, 8am-5pm
- Students who have signed up for 100% remote learning must pick up their Chromebooks on this day. Remote learners are expected to be ready to participate online with their grade level classes on the first day of school.
- NOTE: Students who are attending school in-person or are participating in the hybrid learning model (grades 7-12) will pick up Chromebooks on their first day of classes.
- Wednesday, Sept. 9 — First day of in-person classes for UPK through grade 6, and grades 11-12
- NOTE: Grades 7-10 do not attend in-person
- Thursday, Sept. 10 — In-person classes begin for grades 7-9
- NOTE: Grade 10 does not attend in-person
- Friday, Sept. 11 — In-person grades 6-7-8, and grade 10; remote learning grades 9, 11 and 12
More information on class schedules for grades 6-12 students
Welcome Back letters available online
Welcome back letters from Watervliet Elementary and Watervliet Jr.-Sr. High School principals are posted on the website.
Class assignments and schedules are available on the Parent Portal and the Student Portal.
Note: The principal letters were emailed to K-12 families via our One Call Now notification system on Aug. 26. Please make sure to check your email regularly for important messages from our schools. If you do not receive emails via our One Call system, please contact the registrar’s office at 518-629-3204, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure your contact information is up to date.