A message to Watervliet families and staff:
We have been notified by the Albany County Department of Health about four additional confirmed positive COVID-19 cases in the Watervliet City School District community.
- One individual associated with the Watervliet Jr.-Sr High School community who was last in the building on November 30. Based on the date the individual was last in the building, the Albany County Health Department has indicated no need for contact tracing from the school setting or for any other member of the school community to quarantine.
- One individual associated with the Watervliet Elementary School community who was last in school on December 16.
- A second individual associated with the Watervliet Jr.-Sr High School community who was last in the building on December 15.
- A third individual associated with the Watervliet Jr.-Sr High School community who was last in school on December 16.
We worked closely with the Albany County Department of Health to identify the contacts associated with these new cases and school administrators have notified any students or staff members who have been in close contact with these individuals. The county health department will be in contact with individuals directly to discuss quarantine protocols and provide information on testing and any other health-related instructions.
NOTE: If you are not contacted by the Albany County Department of Health but would like to be tested, please talk with your healthcare provider or call the New York State Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline at (888) 364-3065 to make arrangements. Testing also is available through the Whitney Young Health Center in Watervliet. Call 518-833-6900 to schedule an appointment.
We know it is important to keep you informed during these uncertain times while also respecting the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other privacy laws that prohibit the release of confidential medical information.
Remote Learning for All Students
A reminder that this week, our schools have shifted to remote learning for ALL students in UPK-grade 12.
From Monday, December 21 through Wednesday, December 23, all students should log in to their Chromebooks or laptops to access Google classroom for virtual class meetings and to work on posted activities.
Educators should teach from home and make sure that all learning activities and digital resources are available for students to access through Google Classroom.
School Meals Available
School meals will be available for pick up through Wednesday, Dec. 23 at the following locations and times:
- Watervliet Elementary School, Main Entrance, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Watervliet Housing Authority/Joslin Apartments, 11:00-11:30 a.m.
24th St. and Whitehall
- Watervliet Civic Center, 11:30 a.m. -12 p.m.
14th Street & 1st Avenue
- Port Schuyler Gazebo, 12-12:30 p.m.
Corner of 3rd Avenue & 6th Street
School meals also will be available next Monday, December 28 through Wednesday, December 30.
During the holiday break, we will provide an update to our school community about returning to school. At this time, our plan is to resume with in-person learning and hybrid learning schedules on Monday, January 4.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s building principal or Assistant Superintendent Don Stevens, the district’s COVID-19 Safety Coordinator.
Please be safe over the holiday break. Thank you!
(This information was sent to WCSD families and staff via One Call Now email on 12/21/20.)