The district has been notified of five new confirmed COVID-19 cases since we shared our last notification on Dec. 30. The Albany County Department of Health has indicated no additional contact tracing of school community members is required for any of the new cases due to the remote learning days in December followed by the holiday break.
- Two of the new cases involve individuals who are engaged in remote learning and have not been on campus.
- The other confirmed cases include two individuals associated with the Watervliet Elementary School community and one individual from the Watervliet Jr.-Sr. High School community.
Please keep in mind that the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other privacy laws do not allow the district to disclose or confirm any personally identifiable information; therefore, we cannot identify anyone who has tested positive.
A reminder for our families and staff members to follow the COVID-19 safety precautions that are intended to keep everyone safe and help keep our schools open:
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times from those you don’t live with.
- Always wear a mask that covers both the mouth and nose when you are out of your home.
- Avoid gatherings of more than 10 people.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently when out of your home. If you cannot use soap and water, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Don’t touch the eyes, nose or mouth unless your hands are clean.
- Do not come to school when you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, congestion or runny nose.
If you or your child are experiencing symptoms, contact your health care provider immediately. COVID-19 testing information is available on the Albany County Department of Health website or by calling the New York State Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline at (888) 364-3065. Additionally, testing for symptomatic students is available through our Whitney Young School-Based Health Center on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Please call 518-629-3270 to make an appointment.
We remind you to complete the daily health screening every day before entering school or boarding the school bus. Your cooperation is essential in helping to make sure our schools can remain open safely for in-person teaching and learning. Thank you!
(This message was sent to families, staff via One Call Now email on Jan. 4.)