Watervliet City School District & Boys and Girls Clubs of the Capital Area
2557 10th Avenue, Watervliet NY 12189
(518) 629-3263 Fax (518) 629-3250
PreK 4-Year Old Program Application Information
You will need to provide all documentation to register for the 4-year-old Pre-K program. Registration packets may be downloaded from the district website or are available for pick between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. at the Watervliet Elementary School.
Completed applications/documents should be brought to your registration appointment on March 19 or March 20. Please email Danielle Mele or call 518-629-3263 to make an appointment. After that date, you may drop off registration materials at the school’s front door.
Packets are due no later than April 20, 2024 to be considered for the lottery.
The Watervliet City School District is pleased to announce that our community-based partner (CBO) for our 4-year-old UPK program is the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Capital Area.
Classes run from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Watervliet Elementary School. Students are provided with breakfast and lunch. This program is free to all who participate.
Please return the following items with your registration packet. Your application cannot be processed without all of the following:
- Completed Application
- Proof of Residency: Acceptable proof of residence: Mortgage or property tax statement, Residential Unit Client Certificate (RUCC), copy of lease, or notarized statement from landlord
- Child’s Birth Certificate: (Child/ren must be age 4 by December 1, 2024 to attend the 4-year-old Prekindergarten program)
- Child’s Immunization Record
- Custody Paperwork: If applicable, please attach a complete certified copy of the court decision bearing its case number, official stamp and signature. It is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to inform Watervliet UPK of any subsequent modifications during the child’s enrollment.
Placements are limited and will be assigned through a lottery system if oversubscribed. Applications not initially selected will be placed on a wait list and called when a space becomes available.
If your application is selected, you will receive an acceptance letter/call by June 2, 2024.
Transportation is not provided.
Before your child can begin attending school in September, they will need:
- A complete annual physical exam and recorded lead levels.
- An emergency treatment form
- Day care registration card (blue card with photo)
- Permission for exchange of information
- Permission to apply sunscreen
- Heath Care Plan (if needed)
- Release from school
- Medication consent (if necessary)
CHILDREN CANNOT START ATTENDING THE PROGRAM UNTIL ALL PAPERWORK IS COMPLETED.
Forms will be provided with acceptance letter.