The Watervliet City School District is pleased to offer a 4-year-old Universal Prekindergarten (UPK) program with our community-based partner (CBO) – the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Capital Area.
The Boys and Girls Clubs have been working with are school districts’ UPK programs since 1998. The Troy and Albany Clubs merged in 2019, and serve more than 1,800 youth daily. Programming focuses on five (5) Core Areas: character and leadership, career and education, health and life skills, sports and recreation and the arts.
Contingent on NYS Education Department’s grant funding, the district will collaborate on three (3) half-day classrooms and one (1) full-day classroom.
The two morning classes will run from 9:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. and the one afternoon class will run from 12:45 to 3:30 p.m.
The full-day class will run from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The full-day class will include the students who have the highest needs academically (special education/English as a second language) and/or financially. The morning students will be provided with breakfast. The afternoon students will be provided with lunch. The full-day students will be provided with breakfast and lunch. This program is free to all who participate.
The Boys and Girls Clubs will also offer extended day (daycare) for those students enrolled in the morning sections. Parents have the option of paying for the extended care at a cost of $275 per month. This would enable your child to be in school for the full day which is from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. If you have additional needs beyond 3:30 p.m., please contact the Watervliet Civic Center for more information about the before/after care programs.
Please return the following items with your registration packet. Your application cannot be processed without all of the following:
- Completed Application
- Proof of Residency: Acceptable proof of residence: Mortgage or property tax statement, Residential Unit Client Certificate (RUCC), copy of lease, or notarized statement from landlord
- Child’s Birth Certificate: (Child/ren must be age 4 by December 1, 2021 to attend the 4-year-old Prekindergarten program)
- Child’s Immunization Record
- Proof of Income: W-2 prior year, 4 recent weeks of employment pay stubs, Unemployment Receipts, Child Support Payments and/or SSI Documentation
- Custody Paperwork: If applicable, please attach a complete certified copy of the court decision bearing its case number, official stamp and signature. It is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to inform Watervliet UPK of any subsequent modifications during the child’s enrollment.
Placements are limited and will be assigned through a lottery system if oversubscribed.
Applications not initially selected will be placed on a waiting list and called when a space becomes available.
If your application is selected, you will receive an acceptance letter/call by June 4, 2021.
Transportation is not provided.
Before your child can begin attending school in September, they will need:
- A complete annual physical exam and recorded lead levels.
- An emergency treatment form
- Day care registration card (blue card with photo)
- Permission for exchange of information
- Permission to apply sunscreen
- Heath Care Plan (if needed)
- Release from school
- Medication consent (if necessary)
CHILDREN CANNOT START ATTENDING THE PROGRAM UNTIL ALL PAPERWORK IS COMPLETED.
Forms will be provided with acceptance letter.