Two seats on the Watervliet City School District Board of Education are up for election during the annual school budget vote and school board election on Tuesday, May 16, 2023. Each seat is for a three-year term that will run from July 1, 2023-June 30, 2026.
The Watervliet school board is made up of five members who play an important role in the education of children in our community. Board members are volunteers who dedicate their time and energy to advance and improve public education.
If you are interested in running for the school board, you must submit a completed board nominating petition. Signed petitions are due no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 26.
Nominating Petition Instructions
- Candidates must be a duly qualified voter of the Watervliet City School District.
- Individuals can sign more than one candidate’s petition.
- The entire petition must be completed.
- A minimum of 100 valid signatures must be collected.
- Completed petitions must be signed and notarized.
- Petitions must be returned to the Office of the District Clerk no later than 5 p.m. April 26, 2023.
Nominating petitions are available to pick up in the district office at 1245 Hillside Drive in Watervliet, or you may download a Board of Education Nominating Petition.
Please contact District Clerk Bernadette Boardman at 518-629-3201, if you have any questions.