We learned today – Thursday, March 11 – of one new confirmed positive case of COVID-19 in our school community.
The case involves a member of the Watervliet Elementary School community. One classroom will switch to remote learning through Monday, March 15. School administrators have notified all individuals considered to be contacts of the need to quarantine as a precaution, as per health department guidelines.
We remind families, teachers and staff members of steps you can take to stay safe:
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet at all times from those who do not live with you.
- Always wear a mask that covers both the mouth and nose when you are out of your home.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently when out of your home. If you cannot use soap and water, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Don’t touch the eyes, nose or mouth unless your hands are clean.
- Complete the COVID-19 daily health screening/attestation each day before entering school or boarding the school bus.
- DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL OR COME TO WORK WHEN FEELING SICK OR EXHIBITING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS: fever, fatigue/tiredness, muscle/body aches or pains, congestion, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, nausea/vomiting or diarrhea, headache, loss of taste or smell, rash, feeling sick or unwell in any way.
If you or your child are experiencing symptoms, please contact your health care provider immediately. COVID-19 testing information is available by calling the New York State Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline at (888) 364-3065 or visit the Albany County Department of Health website.
We thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.
(This message was sent to WCSD families and staff via One Call Now email on March 11)