The district has learned of three confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our school community.
- One remote student from WJSHS. No contact tracing is needed.
- One remote student from WES. No contact tracing is needed.
- One individual from the WES community. All contacts have been identified and notified about the need to quarantine.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other privacy laws restrict the district from disclosing or confirming any personally identifiable information and we cannot identify anyone who has tested positive.
Although the COVID-19 infection rate continues to increase in our region, all available data indicates that the rate of virus transmission in schools is low compared to the larger community. Unless staffing shortages require us to move to all-remote learning or there is evidence of broader virus transmission in schools, we will remain open for in-person teaching and learning. We will continue to work with our public health partners to monitor all available information, and communicate any necessary updates via One Call Now email and our district website.
All health and safety precautions remain in effect in our schools in an effort to limit the spread of the virus. These include mask wearing, social distancing, enhanced cleaning and disinfecting, and completion of the daily health screening.
The best plan for addressing the COVID-19 virus is to stay informed and follow the precautions listed below to help contain the spread of the virus:
- Keep at least a 6-foot distance between you and others when out in the community — even if you don’t feel sick or have any symptoms
- Wear a facemask that covers your nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Limit social gatherings
- Contact your health care provider if you suspect that you, your child, or someone in your family has been exposed to COVID-19
Please remember to do your part to keep yourselves and your families safe, and allow our schools to continue to safely provide in-person teaching and learning. We thank you for your continued support and cooperation.