Dear Parents and Guardians,
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome back you and your child for the 2021-2022 school year! Our first day of classes for grades 6-12 is Tuesday, September 7.
We look forward to seeing all of our students in person this year. We also recognize that we are still in the midst of some challenging times; however, we truly believe that we are stronger and better than we have ever been. If these last few years have taught us anything, it is that we live in the most amazing community, and have the most incredible students. We value your involvement and support in your child’s education and look forward to a productive year. We thank you in advance for your continued support of our school.
As we embark on another year together, we promise to do our very best to provide every student with an environment to engage in meaningful instruction and build ever so important positive relationships. We do not take our responsibilities lightly. We truly appreciate your willingness to trust us in protecting, shaping and supporting your most precious possession. This is why we will continue to do whatever it takes.
Please take note of the following as the school year begins:
- All students will be in-person, unless medical documentation requires a remote learning option.
- Masks will still be required for all students, staff and visitors (except while eating and drinking), including while riding the bus, per CDC regulation.
- Social distancing will continue to be in effect per CDC guidelines.
- The building will be routinely disinfected.
- Seating charts will be maintained in all areas to assist with contact tracing.
- Grades 6-8 will not use lockers.
- Grades 9-12 will use lockers only to start and end their school day.
- Breakfast will continue to be “Grab and Go” as it was last year.
- Grade 6 Orientation: Thursday, September 2, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- No School: Friday, September 3 and Monday, September 6
- First Day of School for students: Tuesday, September 7
- Doors open at 7:15 a.m. for middle school students
- Doors open at 7:55 a.m. for high school students
We encourage grades 6-8 students and families to read the Welcome Back letters below for more grade specific information.
Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up
To keep children safe, and keep drop-off and pick-up as efficient as possible, please review the following protocols to contribute to a safe school environment for all our community members.
- Buses drop off students by entering the topside of the loop and exiting the bottom of the loop.
- Personal vehicles are NOT allowed to enter the TOP loop as it will interfere with the safety of our buses and students arriving to or leaving school; however, personal vehicles may use the 2nd or 3rd loop entrances.
- Drivers must remain in the parking lot aisle until all children have exited their car and have safely crossed over to the school sidewalk.
- Drivers must remain in their vehicles while parked and leave immediately after their child has crossed to the sidewalk to ensure a timely, safe and steady traffic pattern.
If you have any questions, changes, or concerns regarding transportation or your child’s bus, please contact Mrs. Roni O’Brien in the Transportation Office at 518-629-3204.
We look forward to seeing you all on September 7.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Our Very Best,
Ryan Groat, Jr.-Sr. High School Principal
Dave Wareing. High School Assistant Principal
Maria DeNovio, Middle School Assistant Principal
(This message was sent to all grades 6-12 families via One call Now email on Aug. 26.)